Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Shouldn't Be This Stressful

I decided to add this quote because I know that I stress more at Christmas time now that I am a mother. I feel as if this quote is exactly what I needed to read today. Yes, buying the best of the best for your kids and family sounds great. But, the reality is times are hard and we shouldn't stress over the price and if it is the best thing they have ever received. To be honest, do you remember everything you ever received for Christmas? No, but you do remember the family and friends that were there to help you celebrate this beautiful holiday. My point is, they are going to remember you being there, celebrating Christmas with them way longer than the gift you gave them.

I think a lot of people lose sight of what Christmas is truly all about. We get caught up in trying to make it so perfect, and don't actually have time to step back and enjoy this beautiful time of the year. It truly is the small things and thoughts that count.

Let us remember this holiday for what it really is, the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Happy Birthday Jesus.

Love,
Just Simply A Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment